Monday, March 28, 2011

I Got Sucker Punched!

This weekend I ventured to see the highly anticipated Sucker Punch http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1810133258/info. The movie was build to be a action pack adventure, a must see according to reviewers and friends alike. I must say, after watching the movie I felt like Virgil Hill getting punched in the ribs by Roy Jones Jr. The movie was dark and creepy with a story line that was incomplete. I don't mind a movie being dark, but I felt like I was watching an episode of Law & Order: Special Victims Unit with all the child molestation acts by the step-dad. Not to mention all the child labor laws that were broken and prostitution ring being run at a mental institution. Through all of this I'm suppose to find the "adventure" and "action" that was used to promote this movie? To be fair, there was some action scenes in the movie and the super hero "Charlie's Angels" did put up a good fight, but like Virgil Hill I couldn't recover from the mat after being hit in the ribs.

No comments:

Post a Comment